solid growth ahead for stretch & shrink film.
According to Mastio and the company\'s latest polyethylene film market research, the industry consensus is expected to increase the average stretch film by 4.
From 2003 to 2006 every year 7% shrink film growth 3.
5%, and the two grow together. 3% annually.
In the past few years, the slow economy has caused losses to small industrial packaging film companies.
Many of them have ended or filed for bankruptcy protection.
But now the economy is strengthening, and the processors of stretch and shrink films are experiencing an increase.
During the 2003 period, the PE stretch and shrink film in North America reached 2.
1 billion, accounting for about 13% of the total PE film.
The film processor predicts that the two industries will reach 2.
It was 5 billion by 2006.
The tensile film accounts for about 66% of all PE industrial packaging films, and the market share of the remaining 34% is the shrink film.
The top five are 2003. and shrink-
The filmmaker is Tyco plastic from Tyco International Ltd. ;
Sigma Stretch, part of Sigma Group; Pliant Corp. ;
Linear film, part of the Atlanta group;
AEP industrial company
Market stretch shrink shield/bundled shield (
Stretch and shrink)
Used to cover pallet loads will be one of the fastest growing industrial packaging film products in the next few years.
Stretch film is still one of the largest and fastest growing PE film markets.
In 2001, the industry slowed for the first time in about seven years, even shrinking a few percentage points in 2002.
Some big stretch
Sales of film makers fell by 5%.
Fortunately, by 2003
Film sales began to grow, up 1% to 2%.
The outlook for large industrial film processors looks brighter next year: stretch films are expected to grow by 4% to 7% as the economy grows. From 1.
385 billion in 2003, the stretch film is expected to reach 1 pound.
It was 665 billion in 2006.
The shrink film also showed good growth potential in the short term, although lower than the stretch film.
Shrink Film provides better sealing and moisture resistance than stretch film, especially non-stretch film for covering heavy
Uniform pallet loads such as heavy equipment or gasoline-powered motors.
Super Centers, wholesale clubs and discount stores are becoming more and more popular, which increases the demand for shrink films.
One factor that has caused some attention is the moderate but obvious penetration of stretching
Imported movies from abroad
According to a large processor, there are 1% to 2% processors in the United States. S. stretch-
Film production has moved overseas to countries like China.
Another notable factor is the prospect of rising resin prices.
Some large movie processors predict prices will rise by the end of 2004 as winter weather tightensgas supplies. LLDPE VS.
The most is llannan
Polyethylene type for stretch and shrink film.
A high quality grade like metallocene llannan makes the Stretch Film stronger in a thinner meter.
As a result, the square feet of film production grew faster than the pound.
On the other hand, low density polyethylene, due to the high definition, reduction properties and ease of processing of the resin, remains the main choice resin for the production of shrink films.
In the year 2006, the total consumption of resin for stretch and shrink film is expected to be 26%, while llannan will account for 70%.
Mastio & Company based in StJoseph, Mo.
It is a consulting company specializing in industrial consulting.
Consumer opinion research and market trends in the plastics industry.
For more information, please call (816)364-
6200 or visit www. mastio. com/pt/outlook. html.